Inside: I made a super cute sprinkles costume this Halloween that I’m absolutely in love with! I got all the items from the Dollar tree so it was super affordable (only $3!). Today I’m sharing exactly how to make this DIY Halloween costume, perfect for a last minute party!
I got invited to a costume party last week and I had nothing to wear! Since I don’t usually get too dressed up for Halloween, I was in desperate need of a last minute DIY Halloween costume! I knew I didn’t want to spend a lot of money, so I turned to Pinterest for ideas.
How do I Make a Halloween Costume at Home?
The party theme was Willy Wonka and I decided to go as some kind of candy. I found a few different ideas I liked and started searching for the materials I would need online. Wouldn’t you know, I found the main item (colored popsicle sticks) at the Dollar Tree.
When I thought about the other items I would need, I realized I could get all of them at the Dollar Tree! My whole costume ended up costing $3 from the items I had to buy and the items I already had!
Not only is this last minute Halloween costume super cheap, it’s easy and quick to put together! Here’s how I did it:
Sprinkles Costume Materials
- Colored popsicle sticks
- Paper plate
- Hot glue gun
- Fabric tape
- White tee
- Tulle skirt (Check out how I made mine here!)
DIY Halloween Costume Instructions
1. I started placing the colored popsicle sticks on my tulle skirt. I used a small strip of the fabric tape and placed them on the skirt at different angles to look more like sprinkles!
PRO TIP: This step is so much easier if you place them on while you’re wearing the skirt. The way my skirt falls is different when I’m wearing it, so it’s easier to know where to place the popsicle sticks when it’s on.
2. Next I placed the popsicle sticks on my white t-shirt. I used the same method as my skirt.
3. To make my sprinkle glasses, I popped the lens out of each side of the sunglasses. Then I put a some hot glue on one section of the frame. I pushed the frame into some sprinkles I had poured on a paper plate. I continued this same process until all of the frames were covered in sprinkles.
PRO TIP: Once you put the sprinkles in the glue, DON’T TOUCH THEM! They’ll be hot from the glue and touching them can cause them to crumble and lose their shape.
4. Let your sprinkle glasses dry.
My Sprinkles Costume was a Hit!
That’s it!!! I couldn’t have asked for an easier last minute DIY costume! Everyone at the party loved my glasses and I loved that they only cost $3 to make!
I’ve got more great ideas for Halloween costumes! If you need more inspiration, Try These Blogger-Inspired DIY Family Costumes This Year!
Have you made any great DIY Halloween costumes? Do you have any questions about this tutorial? Let me know in the comments.
And, If you loved this sprinkles costume idea, please pin it below!