Inside: This step-by-step tutorial shows the fastest way to curl hair that’s thick and long! Learn all my tips and tricks to achieve quick, soft waves that last!
When it comes to my hair, I usually wear it in a pony tail, up in a top knot, or down and curled.
I’ve seen so many hair curling tutorials, but usually the girls have very thin, fine hair and can curl their whole head in 5 minutes.
But, I have thick hair ( . . . a LOT of thick hair!) so it took me awhile to figure out how to get loose curly hair when I’m short on time.
I’ve finally perfected my technique and can now curl my long, thick hair in just 10 minutes! So, today I’m sharing my best tips and tricks for how to curl long hair, fast!
RELATED: The Ultimate List Of Beauty Tips for Busy Moms
1. Start with freshly washed and dried hair.
To start this tutorial on how to curl long hair, I always like freshly washed and dried hair. I’ve found my hair curls best right after I wash it. I can usually touch up the curls a few days later, but they never stay as well as the first day curls. I always spray a heat shield product on before I dry or curl my hair. I love the way this Not Your Mother’s one smells!
2. I Use a 1 1/4″ curling iron. I looked and I don’t think they sell my curling iron any longer (I got it from Sally’s) but I’ve heard great things about this Hot Tools model.
3. I part my hair down the middle in the back and grab a 1″ section of hair. Sometimes it’s bigger when I get to the back, but around my face I use small pieces so the curls are more defined.
4. I put the iron about half way down and twirl the iron once around the piece.
5. Then I open the clamp, slide my iron down a few more inches, and twirl the iron back to the original spot.
6. I do the same thing and slide the iron all the way to the end and then twirl the iron to the top of my head. I let it sit for 3-5 seconds and release.
Which Way do you Curl your Hair with a Curling Iron?
7. The curl should look like this. I always curl away from my face.
8. When I’m done, I have lots of tight ringlets. It takes me about 10 minutes. I move quickly and don’t worry too much about making each piece perfect.
9. I let each side cool for several minutes and then I run through my hair with this wide tooth comb. I don’t like the way my hair looks when it’s just in ringlets (although it turned out better than it normally does for these pictures!) so brushing out the curls gives it a more wavy look.
10. I add a little volume around the crown of my head with my teasing comb and then spray down any fly ways. In 10 minutes I’m ready to go with some fabulous curls! It’s quick and easy, which is perfect for any busy mom.
I’m so Glad I Figured out this Fastest Way to Curl Hair!
I don’t always curl my hair, but I’m definitely more likely to now with this method. It saves so much time and produces great results every time. If you have thick and long hair like mine, you will never curl your hair another way!
I’ve got more tried and true beauty tips you’ll love! Next, Try This Easy Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial (With Pictures!).
If you enjoyed this tutorial for the fastest way to curl hair (that’s thick and long), let me know in the comments! What are your go to hairstyles? Any products you’ve loved for curling your hair?
And, if you liked this post, please pin it below!