This post is sponsored by Lemi Shine. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support my family!
I love to have people over to my house.
I seriously love it!
It’s one of the traits I inherited from my mom. There’s something about planning, decorating, and having friends in my home that just makes the holidays feel warm and cozy.
Halloween is right around the corner and so is Thanksgiving and Christmas! We’ll have family over for a fun Halloween scary movie night (a tradition we started last year), in addition to family dinners, and other get-togethers with friends. I can’t wait!
All of that hosting usually means I have to clean my home too, but luckily I love cleaning just as much!
Here are some of my favorite tips for having a “Clean Freak” Clean home before an event:
- Keep your cleaning supplies simple. I used to have several different cleaners in my house, but I’ve really been able to narrow it down to just a few over the years when I decided to throw out all of my bleach-based products as a safety precaution. I love how Lemi Shine products are completely powered by citrus extracts. It makes me feel safe using them around my kiddos. I also love them because they are multi-purpose. I can use the Lemi Shine Everyday Cleaner on my counters, cabinets, faucets, and the high chair without worrying about wiping off the chemicals after!
- Those appliances need cleaning too! I never knew that you needed to clean your cleaners…you know your washing machine, dish washer, etc. It wasn’t until a few months ago I found this out and I’m glad Lemi Shine has a product to clean each appliance!
- Since we live in Utah and have the worst water ever, another tip is to use a detergent booster. The Lemi Shine Dish Detergent Booster is amazing in the dishwasher, but I also added it to the toilet and tub to get those hard water stains off. They are sparkling now!
- Don’t forget to clean the TV screen! When it goes black you can see everything, so I’m constantly checking for fingerprints through out the week. The Lemi Shine Glass + Surface cleaner took those tiny finger prints off with no problem!
- And last, let your kiddos help! As you can see my littles love to see what I’m doing when I’m cleaning so I like to let them “help.” Hudson is pretty good about using a paper towel to wipe things down and Ella likes to pretend she’s helping. Now I can feel comfortable letting them clean with Lemi Shine’s natural products.
And here are some of my tips for pulling off the perfect event – without the stress:
- Make sure your home smells good! Whether it’s with essential oils, candles, or cookies, guests can tell a home is cozy just from the smell. I love that Lemi Shine products have a natural citrus scent to them so my home won’t smell like chemicals if I need to do a little cleaning before guests arrive.
- If you don’t have time, buy it! I used to make all of the refreshments for my events, but that was always so stressful. I make one or two items and then get the rest at the store! It saves me tons of time and messy clean-up.
- I like to have some music playing in the background so if there’s ever a lull in the conversation, it’s not completely silent and awkward!
- If you can, try and clean a little during the event so there’s not a huge mess at the end i.e. throw away cups and plates when people are done and put away food that needs to be refrigerated. But if you don’t have time, don’t stress! You’re there to enjoy your guests!
It’s safe to say I am a Clean Freak and my home is too! You can have a #CleanFreakClean home too thanks to Lemi Shine!
Find a store near you that carries Lemi Shine products so you can use these awesome coupons to save money on these amazing products!