Inside: Looking for girl names that start with Y? You’ll love these modern names real moms are using from Yarden to Yelena!
Give your baby girl an adorable and sweet Y name like Yancy, Yates and Yardley. These beautiful names are sure to stand out and are perfect for any mom and baby to be.
This post includes only the most modern Y names out there, curated from the other baby name lists on my site. (No need to scroll through 100’s of names real moms would never use!)
Y Names for Girls
- Yael – Hebrew origin, Mountain goat
- Yale – English origin, From the fertile upland
- Yana – Hebrew origin, He answers
- Yancy/Yantse – Native American origin, Yellow willow
- Yara – Arabic origin, Small butterfly
- Yarden – Hebrew origin, To flow down
- Yardley – English origin, From the wood where spars were got
- Yaretzy/Yaretzi – Aztec origin, You will always be loved
- Yas/Yasmeen/Yasmine – Arabic origin, Jasmine flower
- Yasmin – Persian origin, Jasmine flower
- Yates – English origin, Dweller by the gate
- Yavanna – English origin, Giver of fruits
- Yavesly – American origin, Miracle of God
- Yelena – Portuguese origin, Form of Helen
- Yên – Vietnamese origin, Peaceful, Calm
- Yenifer – Spanish origin, White wave
- Yesenia – Spanish origin, Palm tree
- Yessica – Spanish origin, God beholds
- Yetta – Hebrew origin, Light
- Yuki – Japanese origin, Snow, Lucky
Want even more modern girl names? You’ll love these!
- 278 Modern Girl Names And Meanings
- 700+ Modern Baby Names
- Biblical Baby Girl Names
- 590 Authentic Old Fashioned Girl Names
- 178 of the Best Modern Girl Names
- 600 Baby Names for 2021
- Uncommon Baby Girl Names
Which of these Y names for girls are your favorite? Let me know in the comments!