Inside: Using the Bible for baby names may seem old fashioned to some, but any modern mom will love these beautiful biblical baby girl names.
When I found out my second baby was a girl, I never thought to look in the Bible for name ideas.
But now I wish I would have!
Often names like Rebekah, Ruth, and Mary come to mind when I think of biblical baby girl names and those seem so old-fashioned.
However, there are several girl names in the bible that aren’t quite as common and are perfect for the modern mom.
I went through every person or place referenced in the King James Version of the bible to find these beauties.
RELATED: Everything You Need To Know About Being A First Time Mom
Biblical Baby Girl Names
1. Abigail – Wife of Nabal who became David’s wife (1 Samuel 23:3)
2. Alexandria – The Greek capital of Egypt founded in 332 B.C. by Alexander the Great.
3. Bethany – House of poor; Village two miles from Jerusalem (John 11:1-18)
4. Chloe – Members of her household informed Paul of the division in the Corinthian Church (1 Corinthians 1:11)
5. Delilah – Weak, delicate; A Philistine woman who had influence over Samson and obtained the secret to his strength (Judges 16)
6. Eden – The home of our first parents, Adam and Eve (Genesis 2:8)
7. Elisabeth – Mother of John the Baptist (Luke 4:27)
8. Eve – The first woman (Genesis 2:21-22)
9. Grace – A word that occurs frequently in the New Testament, especially in the writings of Paul.
10. Leah – Weary; She became Jacob’s wife through a trick of her father who passed her off as his daughter Rachel (Genesis 29)
11. Olive – The well-known tree is cultivated in Palestine for the sake of oil.
12. Penny – The Roman silver denarius.
13. Shiloh – A sacred city in Palestine (Joshua 18:1)
Baby Name Bunting
Once you have your baby name picked out, you’ll need a fun way to announce it.
I created a baby name bunting bundle for that very reason!
You can grab the download to get three different bunting designs perfect for the modern mom.
Here are a few ideas on how to use the bunting:
- Pregnancy announcement
- Name announcement at birth
- Monthly baby photos
- Bedroom decor
- Happy birthday sign
The options are endless!
And since you’ll have access to the files, you can print them out whenever you want to make whatever banner you want!
If you liked these baby names be sure to check out my list of 500 modern baby names for even more ideas.
Which of these biblical baby girl names was your favorite? Be sure to let me know in the comments!