Inside: Biblical baby boy names may seem old fashioned to some, but these 18 names are perfect for the modern mom.
When it comes to choosing names for my babies, the bible is often the last place I would think to look.
Names like Matthew, John, and David are so common and don’t have the modern flair I like when brainstorming baby names.
However, there are several boy names in the bible that aren’t quite as common and are perfect for the modern mom.
I went through every name referenced in the King James Version of the bible to find these hidden gems.
RELATED: Everything You Need To Know About Being A First Time Mom
Biblical Baby Boy Names
1. Abel – A son of Adam and Eve (Genesis 4:4)
2. Amos – Burden; A prophet who prophesied in the days of Uzziah (Amos 1:1)
3. Asher – Happy; Son of Jacob (Genesis 49:20)
4. Canon – A Greek word meaning “a rod for testing straightness.”
5. Caul – A net for the hair (Isaiah 3:18)
6. Cedar – Generally denotes the cedar of Lebanon (1 Kings 6:9)
7. Corban – Given to God; The word describes anything dedicated to God and therefore not available for ordinary uses.
8. Eber – Great-grandson of Shem and the ancestor of the Hebrew people (Genesis 10:24)
9. Eli – My God; High priest and judge, a descendant of Aaron (1 Kings 2:26)
10. Golan – A city and district of Bashan, east of Jordan (Deuteronomy 4:43)
11. Jonah – Swallowed by a great fish (Book of Jonah)
12. Jonas – Father of Peter (John 1:42)
13. Jude – Brother of James (Book of Jude)
14. Necho – King of Egypt who conquered Josiah at Megiddo (2 Kings 23:29)
15. Noah – Rest; The patriarch; Built an ark when God flooded the earth (Genesis 6-8)
16. Rimmon – God of the Syrians of Damascus (2 Kings 5:18)
17. Samson – Of the sun; He was a man notorious for his great physical strength, but weak in intellectual and moral character. (Judges 13:24)
18. Zion – The pure in heart; Enoch’s city (Moses 7:18-19)
Baby Name Bunting
Once you have your baby name picked out, you’ll need a fun way to announce it.
I created a baby name bunting bundle for that very reason!
You can grab the download to get three different bunting designs perfect for the modern mom.
Here are a few ideas on how to use the bunting:
- Pregnancy announcement
- Name announcement at birth
- Monthly baby photos
- Bedroom decor
- Happy birthday sign
The options are endless!
And since you’ll have access to the files, you can print them out whenever you want to make whatever banner you want!
If you liked these baby names be sure to check out my list of 500 modern baby names for even more ideas.
Which of these biblical baby boy names was your favorite? Be sure to let me know in the comments!