Inside: I show you how to make the best disinfectant wipes with common household items you probably have sitting around right now!
Learning how to make my own disinfecting wipes started as an easy way to save money, but now it’s saving me from the stress and hassle of finding them in stores or online.
Today I’m sharing the quick tutorial that I’ve used for years.
The best part is, you can make these wipes using items you probably have sitting on your shelves already!
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Paper towels. I prefer the rolls that have the choose your own size sheets, but any type will do.
- All-Purpose Cleaner. I choose to use one without bleach, but you may want to use a stronger cleaner from time to time.
- Measuring cup. This glass one makes it easy to mix up the solution.
- Container. Make sure it’s tall enough and has a lid.
- Cut your paper towel roll in half right in the middle (I use a bread knife for the job).
- Squish the half roll into the container.
- Fill up the measuring cup with 1.5 cups hot water (you can use less if you want the solution to be more concentrated).
- Add the cleaner until you get 2 cups of liquid total. Mix well.
- Pour the cleaning solution over the paper towel half in the container.
- Cover the container with it’s lid and let it sit for 2 minutes.
- Remove the container’s lid, pull out the brown paper towel center, and pull up the center wipe for use.
It’s Really That Easy to Make the Best Disinfecting Wipes!
And that’s all there is to it! Check out my video tutorial below if you’re a more visual learner like myself and want to see the steps in real time.
If you liked this tutorial, be sure check out my home cleaning checklist post (with free printable!)
You can also get access to all of my cleaning printables as a bonus for joining my newsletter. Download my Spring Cleaning checklist, stain removal guide, and more when you sign up down below.
Do you have any tips for surviving the out-of-stock situation at stores? Let me know in the comments!