Check out these adorable baby Valentine photoshoot ideas! They’re the perfect way to commemorate your baby’s first Valentine’s Day!
February 14th is just around the corner!
If you’re a first time mom, here are some cute ideas to capture your little sweetheart on their very first Valentine’s Day!
We’re sharing the best baby valentine photoshoot ideas, including ideas for simple props, poses, and outfits.
You’ll find everything you need to create the perfect, social media-worthy photos!
Top 7 Baby Valentine Photoshoot Ideas
Here are 7 of the most popular ideas for a baby valentine photoshoot! You’ll find creative ideas for boys and girls, plus ideas with other family members, too!
1. Lipstick Kisses
This simple photoshoot idea features siblings with lipstick kisses on each of their cheeks and a festive garland in the background.
You can recreate this image with a similar garland or banner set up over a bed or a couch.
This baby valentine photoshoot idea works with one child or multiple children.
Or, you can pose the entire family if you want parents in the picture, too!
2. Heart Flat Lay
Flat lays are always a great idea for younger babies who may not be able to sit up on their own. But, it works for older babies, too.
This example features hearts in the shape of a 5 to indicate the baby’s age, like you would do for monthly baby photos.
3. Playing with Roses
Playing with roses is an especially cute Valentine photoshoot idea for a baby girl.
All you need is a vase of roses, rose petals, and a coordinating rug or blanket.
You can then edit the photo using Canva or Photoshop to add a sweet saying.
This is one of the easiest baby valentine photoshoot ideas because so few materials are needed.
All you need is a white wall and some cut-out paper hearts.
You can also include a big heart wreath like the one pictured, above if you can find one in stores (or check this post for how to make a DIY heart-shaped wreath).
You could also use or create conversation hearts for an especially festive touch!
Here’s another simple flat-lay design that’s perfect for boys and girls.
You can use the rose petals to show your baby’s age. Or, you can arrange the rose petals in the shape of a heart and place them next to or surrounding your baby.
6. Baby Cupid
There’s nothing cutting than dressing your baby up like cupid with angel wings!
You’ll need to gather some supplies for this photo idea like angel wings and maybe a wig, but you can make the arrow with a wooden dowl and some red glitter craft paper.
7. Heart Balloons
A fun way to capture your baby’s personality is with a Valentine’s Day photoshoot featuring heart-shaped balloons.
These balloons create a playful and festive atmosphere, perfect for capturing those candid, happy moments. You can easily tape the balloons to a wall and even give your baby one to hold and pose with.
More Festive Valentine Photoshoot Ideas
Here are even more fun valentine’s day photo ideas that didn’t make our top 7. But, they’re just as cute and simple to set up.
- Coordinating outfits – You can’t go wrong by putting your baby in an adorable outfit! For baby girls, that may mean a cute dress with a bow. And for boys, that could mean a miniature suit with a bow tie. You can then coordinate outfits with parents or siblings to create the perfect family photo.
- Candid photos – If you have a young baby, candid photos are sometimes the best way to capture them with a smile. You don’t have to worry about keeping them still or working around props. And you can entertain them at the same time that you’re taking your photos. Try a simple activity like dancing as you can see in the picture, above!
- Blowing baby kisses
- Holding a heart balloon
- Holding a Sign like “Baby’s first Valentine”
- Wooden letters
- Baby in a bowl of candy or surrounded by sweets
- Baby kissing booth
- Milk bath with red berries or roses
- Valentine’s Day cake smash
You can also get lots of inspiration from Pinterest!
How to Create the Perfect Valentine’s Day Setup
Now that we’ve covered the best baby photoshoot ideas, here are some tips to help you capture the perfect adorable picture at home.
DIY Baby Valentine Photoshoot Backdrop
You don’t have to pay for an expensive backdrop for your Valentine’s day shoot or waste money on professional studio space.
You can find detailed instructions in this post for the easiest DIY PVC Backdrop Stand.
Here are the materials you’ll need:
- 3 – 3/4 inch x 10 foot PVC pipes
- 4 – 3/4 inch cap fittings
- 4 – 3/4 inch PVC tee fittings
- 2 – 3/4 inch 90 degree PVC fittings
- PVC cutter
It only takes about 10 minutes to put together after you make your cuts!
Where to Find Props
You can find cute and affordable props for your baby Valentine’s photoshoot at the dollar store!
The Dollar Tree is the best place to get cheap party supplies and seasonal items for an at-home photo session.
You’ll find faux flowers, banners, construction paper, poster board, and more.
You can also try craft supply stores like Michael’s, Hobby Lobby, and Joann’s, though they’ll probably be more expensive.
And don’t be afraid to raid your own home for items. You can use things like:
- Pink and red blankets
- Seasonal throw pillows
- Anything heart-shaped like decorative boxes
- Fabric remnants
- Hair bows
RELATED: 60+ Dollar Store Finds That Will Make You a Frugal Shopper (Instantly)
This list of fun photo ideas wouldn’t be complete without some tips for photography.
Contrary to popular belief, you don’t need to hire a professional photographer to make your little cutie shine!
Or, if you have a newer iPhone, you can use that, too.
The perfect time for an indoor photoshoot is during the “Golden Hour” (shortly after sunrise or right before sunset).
This will give you the best natural lighting.
You should also:
- Try to set up close to a window.
- Avoid using flash.
- If you have a dSLR and any lenses with wide aperture capabilities (like a 28-70 2.8 or even a 50 1.8), use one of those lenses and keep your aperture open fairly wide, around 2.8. That will help to blur the background and make the photographs look a little more professional.
- If using your iPhone, be sure to use portrait mode.
- If your baby is very young, make sure you have a spotter to make sure baby is safe during the photoshoot.
If you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day with a baby, here are some simple activities to try:
– Plan a Valentine’s Day photoshoot
– Do simple Valentine’s Day crafts like finger painting
– Do a Valentine’s Day cake smash
– Read Valentine’s Day books
– Dress up in matching outfits or pajamas
The best way to prop a newborn for pictures is to use a small pillow like a Bobby or a basket with a blanket.
And then you can play around with angles to get the perfect shot!
If this post was helpful, be sure to check out:
- Top 10 Family Valentine’s Day Activities
- 23 Unique Monthly Baby Photo Ideas
- You Need These 15+ Newborn Baby Hacks In Your Life
- Try These Sweet Baby Girl Bedroom Ideas On A Budget
- The Best Ever Newborn Sleep Tips For New Moms
- 8 Baby Essentials For The First 3 Months (My Secret Weapons!)
- Ella’s Floral First Birthday Party
- The Ultimate List of Mom Hacks
- 50+ Creative Maternity Photography Ideas for 2023
What did you think of these baby Valentine photoshoot ideas? We hope you found some fun and creative ways to showcase your little angel for their first Valentine’s Day.
If you use any ideas, let us know in the comments!