Inside: You’ll wish you knew these clever mom hacks sooner! Here are 35+ genius mom tips and tricks to make parenting a whole lot easier.
Who doesn’t want all the tricks to make mom life easier??
I know I do!
But in my search for the best mom hacks, I’ve gone through several lists and some of the hacks are a little weird…
Like using a pool noodle in the grocery store to protect your baby from the cart handlebar.
Or making a beauty organizer out of un-used Duplo blocks.
Yeah, no thanks!
I turned to my awesome community of mamas to get their recommendations and I was blown away by all of their amazing ideas and mom hack products.
I combined those with some of my own and came up with this list!
So these are real, awesome mom tips and tricks you’ll actually use. They are so good, you’ll wish you knew about them sooner!
RELATED: Everything You Need To Know About Being A First Time Mom
Mom Hacks For Babies
1. Keep binkies clean in your purse using portion cups.
No more crumb-encrusted binkies over here!
2. When baby has a poop-splosion, take the onesie off from the shoulders down, not up over her head.
The shoulders are meant to stretch. (Duh, why have I never done it like that!?)
3. Keep diapers and wipes in every room your kids frequent.
This way, you don’t have to always lug your kids upstairs to their room to change them. So smart!!
We also keep wipes on all of our floors to easily clean up messes.
4. Use Velcro cord ties to keep baby socks on.
Those babies like to kick!
**The cord tie should never be too tight on baby and don’t use these on a baby who could take it off.
5. Tie those poopy diapers up in a scented baggie before throwing in the diaper genie.
Double bag if it’s really bad. It helps immensely with the smell.
With our last baby, the diaper pail was making our nursery smell terrible, so this mom hack may be the trick we need!
6. Bouncing on a big exercise ball with your newborn helps to calm them almost immediately.
It’s worth a try if they’re fed, burped, and changed and still unhappy.
7. Put water in a binky and freeze it for instant teething relief.
8. Use a laundry basket to keep your babies from falling in the bathtub and to keep toys from floating away.
9. Cut those tight elastics out of your little girl’s hair with a seam ripper.
*Make sure the seam ripper is only cutting the elastic and doesn’t catch any hair.
Mom Hacks For Food
1. Put the condiments under the hotdog instead of on top to keep from a messy meal.
2. Use a cupcake liner to contain popsicle spills.
3. Get some dollar store shower caddies for snacks on the go or a fun movie night.
RELATED: 60+ Dollar Store Finds That Will Make You A Frugal Shopper (Instantly)
4. Contain a taco/burrito mess by serving in a mason jar.
5. Use a pizza cutter to cut any food into bite-size pieces.
This is so much easier than using a fork to individually cut each piece!
6. Freeze leftover waffle or pancake batter in an ice cube tray and store in plastic freezer bags.
On crazy mornings you can toss them in the 350 degree oven before you jump in the shower.
It makes breakfast cookies you can dip in syrup or toss with cinnamon sugar.
7. Double your pancake/waffle batch and put them in the freezer so your kids have an easy breakfast to heat up.
8. Mix 1/2 cauliflower rice with 1/2 regular rice and your kids won’t know they’re eating vegetables.
9. Use frozen marshmallows instead of a cold pack for those bumps and bruises.
The marshmallows aren’t as intense as the ice.
10. Freeze your kid’s favorite drink and put it in their lunch box instead of a cold pack.
It will be nice and defrosted for lunch and you don’t have to worry about constantly replacing a lost cold pack.
Mom Tips and Tricks For The Car
1. Always have candy and snacks in your bag (and maybe enough to share)
I’ve been caught without snacks a time or two and you DO NOT want to be that mom!
2. Along with that…always have candy and snacks in your car.
If you forgot them in your bag, at least you’ll have some in the car.
And this can save you from having to buy snacks at the zoo or running through the drive-thru when your kids are whining that they’re hungry and need a snack.
3. Keep a training potty with a diaper in it for locations without a bathroom.
We were at a baseball field the other week and Hudson had to go so bad. We weren’t by a bathroom so….yeah, this would have been super convenient
4. Store plastic bags in the seat organizers for any messes.
This is one of the simple mom hacks that comes in handy multiple times when my kids get car sick and I need to hand them something quick to contain the mess or when they get muddy and I don’t want their shoes on the car floor.
5. Keep a car trash bag in the car for all of those wrappers, sucker sticks, and random papers.
I found this one off a deal site, but you could also use a large cereal container with a plastic bag in it or even just hang a plastic bag from your door handle.
Mom Hacks For Organizing/Cleaning
1. When you need to mop the floor in the dining area (while the kids are awake), move all the chairs to the living room and grab a fitted sheet to make a fort for the kids.
Keeps the chairs and more importantly the kids out of the way so you can mop. Genius!
2. Put things in a laundry basket as you’re going about your day that need to be put away.
Then when you go upstairs for bed, put everything away; things like toys and random things from my kids’ rooms. It helps so you aren’t making a ton of trips up and down the stairs all day long.
3. Never go up or down the stairs empty handed.
I find myself going up and down the stairs constantly in our house. I make a point to never go up or down stairs empty handed so I’m tidying up throughout the day.
5. Dollar store containers also work for toys with boxes that have been destroyed.
Once the toys are falling out of the box I move them to a plastic container with a lid.
6. Disinfect and clean plastic toys in the dishwasher.
Just don’t put in anything with fabric or stickers or it may not ever be the same again.
RELATED: The Best Tips And Tricks For Cleaning Stains (With Printable)
1. If you’re nursing a baby or have to get something done and you can’t physically read, look up the books on YouTube or Storyline Online.
Sit the child next to you and have someone else read to them. They are close and still hearing the words from the book.
2. When your child is acting up use phrases like, “I only give dessert to those who finish their dinner.”
Instead of saying, “You can either eat your dinner or starve the rest of the night!”
You should always focus on enforceable statements vs. unenforceable ones.
Mom Life Hacks For Crafts/Outside Activities
1. Put a clip on the end of a bubble wand to keep from having to fish it out of the bottle every 3 seconds.
2. Give your kids painter’s tape to stick on the wall for a mess-free activity.
3. Use egg cartons as paint holders.
4. If you don’t want to use real paint, send your kids to the back yard with a cup of water and paintbrushes, sometimes with a drop or two of food coloring.
They can spend hours out there “painting” the sidewalk/patio!
How can I make parenthood easier?
There’s no question that parenting is hard work.
Why else would there be so many mom hack posts!
But, the biggest thing to remember throughout every phase is that everything IS just a phase. If you’re going through a difficult time now, it will get better.
Parenting has a steep learning curve and every kid is different. But, by sharing with each other and finding those little creative and even sometimes funny mom hacks we can all get through it together!
Which of these genius mom hacks was your favorite? Is there a mom hack you use that I didn’t mention?
Let me know in the comments so I can keep adding to this ultimate list of mom tips and tricks.