This post may contain affiliate links.
I am always up for trying new things, but I definitely have my go-to favorites when it comes to makeup. Some of these items are old finds and some are new ones, but they are all tried and true when it comes to my daily makeup routine.
Just so you know, my skin is extremely oily. I also have acne scarring that I like a lot of coverage for when it comes to foundation. I’ve tried expensive brands like Clinique for foundation and mascara, and I’ve also tried the cheapest of drugstore makeup. The products I use now is what I’ve found to be the “best of the best” for my skin. While these products work for me, they may not work for you, but I hope you’ll find something here that you want to try! And please let me know if you have any questions.
1. Ben Nye Luxury Powder in Banana, 3 oz. bottle $13.99 plus shipping – This is the newest addition to my makeup routine and I am so glad I found it! This is a silky smooth powder that has just a hint of color. I use it to set my foundation and it gives my skin the matte finish I’ve been looking for. Other women, like Kim Kardashian, uses it to contour and highlight. I paid about $20 for the bottle after taxes and shipping, but the bottle is pretty big and I don’t use a lot every day, so I know it will last for a long time.
2. Maybelline Eye Studio Master Drama Cream Pencil Eyeliner in Midnight Master, $5.99 – I use this eyeliner to line the bottom of my eye. I love it because it glides on silky smooth and lasts all day. No joke. I’ve gotten eye liners before that are cakey and flake off during the day, so this eye liner is a welcomed favorite.
3. Palladio Liquid Eyeliner in Black, $6.49 – I use this liner to line the top of my eye and it stays for about 8 hours. I love it because it doesn’t wear off and it dries very quickly after I’ve applied it.
4. Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination to Oily Skin, in Buff 150, $10.39 – Like I mentioned above, I’ve tried a lot of foundations to deal with my oily, scarred skin and this has been the best solution for me. I love it because it gives me great coverage and lasts all day. It doesn’t feel too cakey on my skin, but it does give me a little shine after I’ve applied it. I used the banana powder to reduce the shine.
5. Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara in Black, $15.00 – This is one of my most favorite products in my makeup bag. I don’t know what it is but it separates my lashes perfectly and makes them look full. The formula is thick but not clumpy. Amazing!
6. Beauty Blotters Oil Absorbing Tissues, $6.00 – This product isn’t necessarily in my makeup bag, but I carry it with me in my purse. One tissue lasts me a whole day and it gets rid of any oil to give my face a fresh, matte look.
P.S. The winner of the $300 J.Crew gift card is Sean Conn. Congrats! Email [email protected] to claim your prize.