Inside: I made an easy, modern Fall wreath for the season and I’m sharing all the steps I followed so you can make one too!
I haven’t done a fun DIY project since I did my Juju hat tutorial back in April!! I guess I got all DIY’d out haha! But when I started looking online for some fall wreath ideas and found a gorgeous hoop one, I decided to DIY it instead of paying $30 to buy it! I’m so glad I did, because I have a custom modern fall wreath that was super affordable and so easy to make!
How do you Make a Fall Wreath?
I’m going to walk you step-by-step through the process so you can have your own gorgeous modern hoop wreath this afternoon!
Modern Hoop Wreath Materials
- Faux floral flowers (Here are lots of great options!)
- Wooden embroidery hoop (I got the 14″ size)
- Hot glue gun
- Cutting pliers
How To Make a Fall Wreath For Your Front Door
1. To start the wreath making process, you’ll remove the two embroidery hoops from each other. I chose to use the outer hoop with the metal piece on it just because it was bigger. Embroidery hoops are a great base for making wreaths. They are thinner and more sleek compared to other more bulky wreath bases like Styrofoam. They are prefect for a modern wreath DIY!
2. Next, remove all of the flowers from their stems. Be sure to leave a little stem length on the berries and pumpkins so you can poke them into place.
3. This is the part that takes the longest. Arrange the flowers on the hoop BEFORE you start gluing. I first arranged my wreath with all of the flowers at the bottom. Then I turned to Pinterest to make sure I loved the arrangement and decided to go with an asymmetrical wreath! I love how it turned out!
4. Start gluing! I started at the top and worked my way down. I glued the large flowers on first as a sort of base and then added the small pieces next. If any of the pieces felt loose when I picked up the wreath, I just added some more glue to secure them to the surrounding flowers.
5. Hang your wreath! That’s literally all that it takes! I did add a line of hot glue on the inside of the hoop so that there would be something tacky to hold it straight on my wreath hanger, but then I saw someone tie string in two places on the hoop to hang it. It’s still a little lopsided just because all of the weight is on the one side, but it does make it a little more straight!
I’m so Glad I Got to Share This Modern Fall Wreath Tutorial!
I love sharing my DIY projects with you and I LOVE fall wreaths for front door decor. This was a really simple decoration to put together and can be totally personalized with the flowers of your choice. You can also change up the base materials to make a modern holiday wreath for Christmas. Instead of flowers, you can use holly and garland or wherever you creative juices lead!
If you like modern front door decor, you’ll love my Juju hat tutorial! It’s a great piece for a master bedroom or for over a fireplace mantle. And what’s better, you can Make This Easy DIY Juju Hat In An Afternoon!
Are there questions you have about my tutorial that I didn’t address in the post? Have any great modern wreath ideas you’d like to share? Let me know in the comments!
And if you liked this modern fall wreath, please pin it below!