This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. Thanks for supporting the brands that support my family! #MyJergensGlow #CollectiveBias
We are in count-down mode over here! I only have 2 more weeks of work and we leave for our cruise the week after that! Jordan and I are super excited to say the least. We've been planning on a big trip to celebrate our 5 year anniversary for awhile, so I'm just grateful that everything is working out.
I still need to pack and write up instructions for our parents (bless them for taking our kids!) but there's one thing I don't have to worry about...looking pasty white in my swimming suit!
I used to sit out in the sun for hours to get a nice tan. How dumb is that?? It's so bad for your skin. That's when I started using a self-tanner. I only have ever used JERGENS® Natural Glow® products and I keep going back to them because they are so good!
I was at Walmart the other day getting a few essentials (baby wipes, a sippy cup, and chocolate!) so I thought I'd pick up JERGENS® newest product, Natural Glow® Wet Skin® Moisturizer!
This is by far the easiest way to get gorgeous color gradually! You just put it on right after you shower. The smell is amazing and I love how it moisturizes my skin at the same time as giving me a healthy glow.
I don't know about you, but as a mom of two my showers are often...rushed! I love that I don't even have to dry off before I put on JERGENS® Natural Glow® Wet Skin® Moisturizer (in fact, your skin should be wet to lock in the moisture and color). That is a mom win in my book!
Here are a few tips and tricks I've picked up to achieve the best color with JERGENS® Natural Glow® Wet Skin® Moisturizer:
- For the most natural-looking color, be sure to exfoliate before first use (I like to use a shower pouf and shave to exfoliate my skin)
- Apply on wet skin immediately after showering
- Towel dry as normal - this is key to achieving streak-free, natural-looking color
- Use in place of regular moisturizer to achieve beautiful, natural-looking color and then use every other day to maintain color
- Use sparingly on dry areas like knuckles, knees, ankles, and in between fingers/toes
- Applying a regular moisturizer to these dry areas just before applying the JERGENS® Natural Glow® moisturizers minimizes extra color absorption
- Smooth on evenly and thoroughly just as you would with any moisturizer
- Use daily until you have achieved the desired level of color, then continue to apply 1-2x a week
I also picked up JERGENS® Natural Glow® Instant Sun® Sunless Tanning Mousse to see how tan I could get my skin to look! I love how easy it was to use and really gave me an instant tan. Here are my tips for using the product:
- Apply evenly over a complete area. Use enough to cover a whole area of your body at once (such as an entire arm) using long, smooth, downward strokes for coverage.
- Use a sunless tanning/glow mitt to help apply to minimize hand staining
- For a more intense, darker color, wait at least 5 minutes and apply another coat
- After applying, wash hands thoroughly, apply a small amount of foam to the tops of your hands with a washcloth to help blend the color onto the tops of your hand
- Do not shower for 4-8 hours after application. Allow to deeply penetrate and build color. If possible, avoid wetting skin for 8 hours
I love how JERGENS® has products to help you gradually glow or instantly tan and they're available in shades for a variety of skin tones. I plan to use the Instant Sun® Sunless Tanning Mousse a few more times before our trip and the Natural Glow® Wet Skin® Moisturizer every few days to maintain the color.
Where are you headed this summer? Swimsuit season is just around the corner, so check out all of the JERGENS® Natural Glow® products here to get your skin vacation ready in just minutes!